All About Covenant Network
Learn Our History
The very evangelization of modern culture depends to a great extent on the influence of the media.
- Pope Saint John Paul II
On the first day of May 1997, the Feast of St. Joseph the Worker, we launched our first Covenant Network broadcast of Catholic radio on AM 1080 WRYT. Since that first broadcast, we have continued to grow. We are currently operating 41 stations (15 Full-power and 26 Translators.) We have permits to build more stations to reach even more people. Covenant Network is one of the founding Catholic radio affiliates of EWTN. We offer solid, inspirational, and informative Catholic local and national programming to our listeners.
Through the grace that we have received from Our Lord in the Most Blessed Sacrament the mission of this apostolate is to evangelize the Catholic faith, primarily through radio.
As Baptized Catholics, we are called to be missionaries. We all have an even greater responsibility to "evangelize" our brothers and sisters, those in our own homes and communities. Catholic radio is one of the greatest tools we can use!
Covenant Network aims to share the joy, riches, and truths of our Catholic Faith…to inform, encourage, challenge, and yes, to entertain. We strive to evangelize our Catholic Faith in an upbeat, charitable manner.
Catholic radio is life changing. We have received hundreds of unsolicited letters from our listeners telling us how the programming has changed their lives. Our programming has facilitated conversions to the Catholic Church, helped bring fallen away Catholics back to the Church and equipped already practicing Catholics to live their faith more fully and share it more effectively.
- Daily Mass, the Rosary, the Angelus, the Chaplet of Divine Mercy, and other prayers
- Catechesis and Apologetics
- Informative, faith-nourishing programs on Scripture, Saints, and Church History
- Live Call-In shows, Q&A programs about Catholic teachings, interviews, inspiring testimonies and conversions
- Sacred Music, Classical and Contemporary
- Local Church news and events
Catholic Radio Works
Listeners report that...
• 94% are more spiritually engaged and inspired
• 69% are better able to teach their children the truths of our Faith
• 31% have come back to the Church because of radio programming
• 47% attend Mass more frequently
• 51% are more involved with their parish
• 12% had their marriage saved
• 83% have learned a great deal about their Faith